From December 31st 2020 the EU legislation for drone operations in the Open en Specific Category will come in to force. With the AirHub training course we’ll make sure your are well prepared.
With the introduction of the European legislation it will no longer be possible for drone operators to apply for an operational authorisation under their national legislation. In stead they will have to fulfil the requirements of the #EASA Open or Specific Category. To obtain an operational authorisation in the Specific Category you will have to apply the mitigation measures stated in a Standard Scenario to your operation or you will have to fulfil the requirements resulting from your own risk analysis. Both sets of requirements will be based on the Specific Operations Risk Assessment (SORA) methodology.
SORA & EU Legislation Training Course
The training course developed by AirHub is aimed at UAS operators, Manufacturers, Civil Aviation Authorities (#CAA), Air Navigations Service Providers (#ANSP) and other aviation professionals working with UAS. Participants of this course will be provided with detailed knowledge about the EU legislation and the methodology of #SORA, after which you will be able to perform their own risk assessment using SORA. And, in case of Competent Authorities and Qualified Entities, we will also teach you how to evaluate risk assessments performed by others.
The basic course will be provided in two days. For regulators and organisations providing operational authorisations a third can will be added. This day will be dedicated to integrating SORA within your national regulatory framework and we will go through other topics such as Pre-Defined Risk Assessments (#PDRA) and working with Qualified Entities.
Course Content: Day 1
The first day of the AirHub training course will be dedicated to providing participants with detailed knowledge about the SORA methodology. We will go through all steps of the SORA process and provide you with clear understanding of the position of SORA in the legislative framework.
- Introduction and objectives
- The legislative framework and the position of SORA
- SORA Introduction – Bow-tie model, structure, terminology
- SORA Step #1 – Description of Concept of Operations
- SORA Step #2 – Determination of the intrinsic UAS Ground Risk Class (GRC)
- SORA Step #3 – Final GRC determination
- SORA Step #4 – Determination of the Initial Air Risk Class (ARC)
- SORA Step #5 – Application of Strategic Mitigations to determine Residual ARC
- SORA Step #6 – Tactical Mitigation Performance Requirement (TMPR)
- SORA Step #7 – SAIL determination
- SORA Step #8 – Identification of Operational Safety Objectives (OSO)
- SORA Step #9 – Adjacent Area/Airspace Considerations
- SORA Step #10 – Comprehensive Safety Portfolio
Course Content: Day 2
The second day of the training course focusses on applying the knowledge acquired on the first day and applying it to real life scenarios of your choice. Furthermore, we will provide you with guidance on how to fulfil the Operational Safety Objectives stemming from your risk assessment.
- Practice Scenario #1 – Manual application of SORA process
- Practice Scenario #2 – Application of SORA process using the Online SORA Tool
- From Operational Safety Objectives to Operational Authorisation by the CAA
Course Content: Day 3
The third day is exclusively applicable to regulators and organisations providing operational authorisations. We will provide you with guidelines on how to implement the regulatory framework provided by JARUS and how to integrate SORA into this process.
- From rule based regulations to risk based regulations
- From SORA to Standard Scenario/Pre-Defined Risk Assessment (PDRA)
- Creating better regulations – Collaboration between CAA’s and the industry
- Working with Qualified Entities
- How to integrate integrate SORA into your authorisation process – Standards on training, airworthiness, operations manuals and UTM
Pre-requisites: good command of the English language and operational experience in the aviation sector and/or drone industry (1-3 years).
Location: Amsterdam or at your a facility of your choice
Pricing: Starting from €750,- per participant
For more information on pricing and custom requests, fill out our contact form or schedule a call.