Follow-up on an incident
After an incident occurred, it has to be reviewed afterward. Once this is done, a follow-up can be added. The main goal of this follow-up is to add a description of, for example, how this incident was dealt with, to change the status to ‘completed’, and to optionally add a document.
Drone Operation Center
Follow the next steps to add a follow-up to any incident, this can only be done in the Drone Operation Center.
- In the bar on the left side of the screen, you’ll see ‘Incidents’ as one of the options. Click on this,
- You’ll land on a screen with an overview of all reported incidents. Click on the incident you’d like to add a follow-up to.
- In the upper right corner (next to the map) you’ll see a blue button saying ‘Add follow-up’. Click on this.
- A screen will open, asking you to add a description, change the status and/or add documents. Adding a description is mandatory, changing the status or adding documents are both optional.
- Always make sure to click on save!
Any added follow-ups will automatically show at the bottom of the page, under the heading ‘Follow-ups’. In case you changed the status, you’ll see the colored box underneath ”Add follow-up’ change from ‘under review’ to ‘completed’ or vice versa.